Dr. Kaveh Bazargan is an Assistant Professor in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) at the Department of Information Technology Management, Faculty of Management, Shahid Beheshti (National) University of Iran (SBU) and the Founding Chair of SIGCHI Iran Chapter. He holds a Ph.D. in HCI, a Master of Advanced Studies in Information Systems from the University of Geneva (UNIGE) and a Master's degree in Applied Mathematics from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne (EPFL). He has worked in the areas of User Experience (UX) / Usability Research and Strategy for over 7 years in Switzerland, France & the I.R. of Iran. He believes information systems development should meet both organizational and individual challenges & needs, thus all relevant human factors should be incorporated into the design process and system development life cycle as early as possible. His long-term research topics focuses on assessing & improving UX / Usability strategy & maturity towards enhanced leadership and governance for empowering citizens with e-skills/competencies in a complex, networked and changing world. Vision and mission: to understand and create UX strategy that harmonizes with and improves human capabilities, goals and environments through UX research. In short: improved UX strategy and maturity for improved quality of life & shared values (for organizations & users).
- Founding Chair of ACM SIGCHI-Iran Chapter
- Web Accessibility / Usability / UX Metrics, Methods and Measurment Consultant (R&D Contract)
- Governance and Collaboration Barriers in Understanding and Institutionalizing User Experience in Developing Countries: from Semiotics to Strategies
- Measuring and Benchmarking E-Government Portals from a Public Value Perspective: A Case Study from the I.R. of Iran
- Evaluating university websites from a global user experience perspective: a review of major universities websites in the I.R. of Iran
- Assessing and Improving National ICT User Experience Strategy and Maturity: A Comparative Study Between Finland and the I.R. of Iran
- Measuring and Improving e-Government Service Usability and User Experience in the I.R. of Iran